How does the treatment work?
- The wrinkle reduction treatment is a two step procedure.
- First the skin is exfoliated to remove any dead skin.
- Then the skin is sprayed with INTENSE by Ellipse Photo Spray every 5 minutes for one hour.
- This spray makes your skin more receptive to the light and reducing wrinkles by collagen stimulation.
- Once the application of the spray is completed a gel is applied to your face(same used for ultra-sound).
- Then the laser treatment begins where the visible light is guided over your face 3 times in total.
- A chemical reaction in the cells triggers the cells to produce more collagen which will eventually lead to a reduction in wrinkles.
How do I use the photo spray?
- A generous amount will be applied to your face every 5 minutes.
- Each time it will be rubbed onto your face paying attention to your upper and lower eyelids and mouth.
Is it necessary to use both photo spray and light?
- Yes, this treatment is a combination treatment.
- Clinical trials have shown that neither the Photp Spray nor the Light works on its own,the combination of the two is necessary.
Am I suitable for treatment?
- The treatment works on people with mild to moderate wrinkles.
- Even darker coloured skin can be treated safely and effectively due to the low energy settings.
- Unlike other laser treatments it is safe to do treatments when you are sun tanned.
Does it hurt?
- The wrinkle reduction procedure is based on a chemical reaction rather than a thermal reaction.
- For this reason there is no pain involved just a very slight warm sensation.
Are there any pre or post treatment required?
- An exfoliating gel is recommended at least one week prior to treatment to remove any dead skin cells.
- This will allow the light to penetrate the surface more effectively.
- It also recommended to use an SPF 30 as the skin remains sensitive to light after the treatment.
- The sunscreen also protects your skin from future sun damage.
How many treatments do I need?
- Three treatments with three week intervals give optimal results.
- The wrinkle reduction gradually takes place from one to twelve weeks.