How Does the treatment work?
- The unique system carefully filters this light in two ways to ensure that the only light with the correct wavelengths is allowed to reach your skin.
- Hair contains pigment melanin that absorbs the light and converts into to heat.
- The hair transmits this heat into the hair, which is then destroyed and unable to produce a new hair.
- A thin layer of gel is applied to the skin before treatment ,to ensure optimal light transmission.
- The operator guides the light from the laser to the treatment area.
Does it hurt?
- Tolerance of pain is very individual
- Most people would describe it as a warm heat sensation on the skin or similar to a rubber band snapping onto the skin.
- No anaesthetics are required.
- There are very little side effects other than a mild redness.
Can all the hairs be treated?
- As the hair relies on the absorption of light the hair pigment (melanin), the most suitable treatment is seen with dark hair.
- Unfortunately it is not suitable on blond or red hair.
- The most suitable skin type is pale skin making the treatment easier.
- However our advanced system has pre-programmed settings for different hair and skin colours to adjust the energy output accordingly.
How long does a treatment take?
- A typical treatment on the facial area or bikini area can take between 10-20 minutes.
- A larger area such as both legs or back for men can take between 60-120mins.
- A large number of hairs can be targeted in just one flash.
- It may take anything from 10-14 days for you to get clearance on the area.
How many sessions do I need?
- Hair growth cycle goes through resting and growing phase
- It is only the follicles in the growth phase that contain hair and are destroyed by heat.
- This is why it is necessary to repeat treatment at intervals until all the hair follicles have been through the growth phase.
- To clear any area you will need to undergo a course of treatments with a minimum of 8 weeks in between, this period will increase in between later treatments.
- Facial treatments sometimes require more treatments than body areas.
- Treatments needed can be between 4-8 treatments.
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
- It is important not to remove hair by plucking or waxing or use of creams four weeks before treatment to get optimal results.
- This ensures that as many hair follicles as possible contain a hair
- It is important to avoid tanning before and during the treatment period.
- Otherwise your tanned skin will absorb more light, which makes treatment less effective.
- Generally, no post treatment is necessary.
- The treated area may be slightly red for 1-2 hours afterwards
- People with very sensitive skin may benefit from using a soothing cream after treatment.
- Ensure to limit sun exposure and to use sunscreen (min 30) during and a few weeks following treatment.