How does the treatment work?
- A thread vein is a small blood vessel near the surface of the skin.
- The operator guides the visible light from the glass prism to the area for treatment.
- The pulsed light system carefully filters this light in two ways to ensure that only light with the correct characteristics are allowed to reach your skin.
- Blood contains haemoglobin that absorbs the light and converts into heat.
- This heat destroys the protein in the wall of the thread vein.
- A layer of gel is applied to the area prior to treatment to ensure optimal transmission, and also magnifies the area.
- The veins will gradually disappear whilst diffusing high colouring for glowing complexion.
Can all thread veins be treated?
- Yes, thread veins on all body sites can be treated.
- The most common areas are facial, chest and leg areas.
- The most effective areas are seen with light skin, as the treatment relies on the absorption of light, also making the treatment easier.
- Our advanced system has pre-programmed setting to suit different skin types.
How long does a treatment take?
- The treatment depends on the area and the number of vessels to be treated.
- Several vessels can be targeted in one flash.
- A typical session lasts between 10-20minutes.
Does it hurt?
- Tolerance of pain is very individual from person to person.
- It is described as a warm heat sensation or similar to a rubber band snapping onto the skin (This doesn’t last very long.)
- The hair transmits this heat into the hair, which is then destroyed and unable to produce a new hair.
- A cool compress is applied to the area followed by a soothing aloe vera gel after treatment.
How many treatments do I need?
- The number of treatments depends on the area being treated and the severity of the veins.
- On average the number of treatments are between 1-4.
- The length of time between each treatment is one month
Do I need to take special precautions before and after treatment?
- It is advisable to avoid tanning before and during treatment, otherwise your tanned skin will absorb more light.
- Pale skin benefits more from the treatment.
- SPF 30 is advisable during and following treatment.
- A cool compress is applied to the area following treatment.
- After care for the legs, support/surgical stockings must be worn.